• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

They spelled my name wrong

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

MATTNAIL

I live in michigan and recently got a possesion of marijuana ticket in Ottawa county. My last name was mispelled and i believe this to be grounds for dismissal. I just want to know if this is true. My name was mispelled on my ticket and in the police report. I need to know if this is worthy of me getting a lawyer and having it dismissed or just sticking with the bull and going on and taking the offense.

snostar

It is not likely to be dismissed based soley on a misspelling, of course this doesn't mean you have to plead guilty. Contact an attorney regardless.

JETX

MATTNAIL said:
I need to know if this is worthy of me getting a lawyer and having it dismissed or just sticking with the bull and going on and taking the offense.
Oh, this is so easy!! Go out and get the most expensive attorney you can. He will surely be able to get this ticket dismissed.... and maybe even be able to get the citing agency to pay HIS fees for you. Go out right now and.... go get 'em!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">