• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

mastopexy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jennifer2005

What is the name of your state? Michigan
I recently had a mastopexy and am very unhappy with the results. Due to the incision and the way it was made I now have what looks like two additional breasts growign from my sides. The tissue there actually comes to a point. the doc says "we can fix that" but my question is shouldn't he have done so during the original surgery and if he can fix it he expects me to pay for it again. I feel he did a poor job and should not only do the repair work for free but possibly compensate me for the additional lost time from work for the second surgery. Pain and suffering are not out of the question either since this deformity is noticeable through my clothes (embarrasing) not to mention the disgust it causes me and my husband in our private lives. What should I be entitled too?

djohnson

How much research did you put into the surgery before having it? Did you know, or he make you aware of the possibilities that might happen? What kind of waivers did you sign?

J

jennifer2005

I did a fair amount of research and never encountered any mention of this happening nor did I see anything like this in all his before and after pictures I saw. The waiver is in my file at his office so I have to get a copy and see what the actual wording is. If this is what happens in this procedure then I think at least he should have mentioned it to me so I could give him authorization to do the correction at the time of the original surgery. If this is an unusual result or just plain bad job then I will fight to not have to pay for the repair work. And probably for additional compensation like I mentioned. I look worse now than I did before surgery. I'm not someone looking to make a profit but my life/job/marriage has been very negatively impacted by this procedure.

vrzirn

For readers unfamiliar with the procedure, a mastopexy is a shortening of the ligament that supports the breasts. Age and size have a great deal to do with the change from perky and upstanding to saggy and drooping. Gravity also accounts for some of the unfriendly effect.
Most of the time a mastopexy is performed in conjunction with a breast reduction to actually reshape the tissue. It is a complicated procedure and does leave scars. The amount of tissure removed must be enough to ensure both breasts are of equal size. In real life, quite often one breast is a bit larger than the other. The ligament is shortened so the breast are youthful lookingand may not need a heavy-duty support bra.
If you merely had a mastopexy and no re-sculpting of the tissue then obviously the breast would assume a different shape when you were standing. Tissue would fall to the sides and look funny. Up in the center and droopy on the sides. I do not mean to make fun of your situation, merely describing how it happened. The sugeoun should be able to repair it.
He would probably waive his fee but I do think you should pay for his costs for use of OR, nurses, sterile supplies, etc. You do not say what complications are on your release form but this is no doubt one of them. Nothing is perfect. You probably looked ok lying down on the table and even in semi-Fowler's (half reclining).
Sorry, good job, bad result. Let him fix it and scars are inevitable. Makes sure he leaves good blood supply on nipple stalk when he does repair.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">