• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

any help please

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sekhmet

Pennsylvania.

My 22 yo brother became friendly with a man who has a daughter, he was told by both parents that the girl was 18 yo. and encouraged to date her. However, after he and the girl have sex he was told by the mother that the girl is in fact only 14. My brother is then told that if he does not help the woman with bills and such she will call the police and press charges. This girl does not look to be under the age of 20, has an almost 2 yo child and does not attend school. I mention this because people will think how could you not know... looking at her you would not know. My brother has been giving this woman money for almost 4 months now. He has had no contact with the girl since finding out her age. Is there anything that my brother can do?

If this is true and he can prove he has been giving this family money, contact the police and or State's Attorney. It's called extortion. Then again, if he waits till they go to the police, it's called Statutory Rape.

CdwJava

Calling the police might be an idea ... it sounds like he is being blackmailed. And, it's even possible that the girl IS of legal age. And if she's not, the parents could go to jail for this whole thing.

Of course, it will then be his word against theirs ... and they will likely say that he volunteered to pay them off to avoid going to jail.

It's a sticky proposition ... and something that happens when people leap before they really get to know their partner.

- Carl

S

sekhmet

thanks

Pennsylvania.

Thank you for the replies. I don't know how he would go about proving what they said, short of getting them to admit it on tape. The girl is under the legal age of PA.

sekhmet

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">