• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Criminal Trespassing and Malicous Micheif?!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

task04

What is the name of your state? Washington

I have a court hearing at battle Ground Municipal court for two RCW. Violations. First one is Malicous Mischeif and the other is Criminal tresspassing. Here's what happened. Well I was at the library very early in the morning and then I drove out to Battle Ground to bring my girlfriend her binder. It was her lunch break so we went driving around. Well I saw a gravel road on the side of the road I was driving on that lead to the road I wanted to be driving on so I went down the gravel road. Well I got to the end and I saw a HUGE mud pit. Well my truck is only two wheel drive and it has strictly road tires on it that would never be able to make it through this giant mud pit so I stopped. I also noticed that there was a no trespassing sign that I had passed 15 ft. ago. So,...... I threw my truck, no I put my truck into reverse and tried to back up onto the gravel road I had just left. well when I did this my truck slide sideways into a trench, which was still on the private property, and well I tried everything I knew and could think of to get my truck out, but to no prevail. so my truck became hopelessly stuck in the mud. so I called every single person I knew to try and get some help getting my truck out of this mud pit and no one was able to help. After not being able to find any help, I left a note in the window apologizing for my truck and the mess and walked into town, like a 15 min. walk, in an attempt to find someone who could and would be willing to help me out. Well, I found someone and when the guy and I got back to my truck there was a cop and a tow truck driver there and my truck was being impounded! I tried to explain to the cop what had happened but he would knownnot listen. He simply told me that there was no way I could have not known that this was a private road (Even though there was no private road or not trespassing sign until the end of the road) and also that there was no way I could have accidentaly caused the damage that I had. But when I spoke with the tow truck driver, he said that if someone was really trying to cause damage to this guy's property, that they could have and would have caused a whole lot more than I had. He also said that there would have been no way that a little two wheel drive truck like mine could have possibly gotten out of that mess. So I am so totally lost in what I am going to do. Can anyone give me any ideas on how I can get out of this?

stephenk

pay the impound fees and get your truck back. go to court on the date noticed and explain what happened.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">