• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can cops come in my house without a warrant?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

spingirlxoxo

What is the name of your state?oregon
ok i'm gonna make this short and simple.police got a complaint that my daughter was roaming the neiborhood.which is impossible cause she was with me the whole time and my door was locked.i was lying down to rest when my daughter got excited like she saw someone/thing.i thought nothing of it.a few minutes later cops were taking the screen off my window to unlock my door i can see this from my bedroom.i thought it was my boyfriend and he forgot his key.any way they came in and searched around and found an empty bag and a razorblade.i tol them i didn't know who's it was cause i didn't but i had a really good guess who's it was.any way they took me to jail and took my kid away.and i had to deal with cps's bullcrap for a year till i got her back and i'm still dealing with their harassment.they don't care about anything i have to say in my defence and they say that exactly "who care's" and no body at cps does care because they get paid to take children awy from thier families.
any way i just want to know if this is a violation of my fourth amendment.they say there was probable cause but i don't see it.

CdwJava

Chances are that the time to take any action has already passed. If you were convicted of a crime, the time to have brought up the issue would have been when it was in court. A year or so later is a little late.

Yes, they might have made an unlawful entry. But, unless we know WHY they made the entry, nobody can say for sure whether it was unlawful or not. There ARE a number of exceptions to the warrant requirement to enter a residence, and ascertaining the welfare of a child CAN qualify as an exigency that would justify entry.

But, since a court did not apparently ever have the matter brought up to them, it is likely a moot point.

- Carl

racer72

And as my sister just found out, live and socialize with druggies, even though you don't participate, you can and will suffer the consequenses when things go bad.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">