• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

PA suspended license, non moving violation, now accessing points?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

hojaprice

What is the name of your state? Maryland

Scenario: In May 04 my husband was driving his boss's tractor trailer/lowboy thru PA on the way to a truck stop for cleanup. Was pulled over & given 4 tickets: 2 on truck (no apportioned tag & expired tag) and 2 on trailer (tag not assigned to this trailer, expired tag). He was not told by his boss that the tags were expired/illegal. He was fined almost $3700, which his boss paid. In mid June rec'd a letter that his license was being suspended in PA for the violations. Accepted the suspension, 3months from 7/15 thru 10/15. Sent $25 on to reinstate his license. Just rec'd ltr that his license has been reinstated BUT with 5 points. His current employer (not the same one!) pulls MD driving records on the drivers in Jan of each yr & he will LOSE his job if has 5 or more points!!! What can we do? Again these were non moving violations on a truck/trailer that was NOT his. He was never advised that he would have a suspension OR points at the time of ticketing or we would have fought this from the beginning. Can we file an appeal with the MD DMV to prevent the points from going on his record (the suspension in PA was reported to MD) so we're sure the points will come also. Thanks for ANY and ALL help!!!

Bravo8

I'm not intimately familiar with Maryland law, but most likely the points on your husband's PA record will not transfer to Maryland.

Besides, none of the violations you listed that your husband was cited for are assessed points. I don't see why PA would assess points against your husband's PA record......

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">