• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Breach of Lease

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sebrow08

Breach of Contract

What is the name of your state?NH

My husband leased our 18-wheeler to a LLC in Michigan. At the time he was working for the same company he leased the truck to with his other truck. He leased the truck to the man for $1,500.00 per month. The company paid the first so many months, but then when my husband was no longer working for him (after two months) the payments stopped. My husband called him numerous times for payment and then he all of sudden the owner stopped accepting his calls. After approximately 6 months of non-payment my husband finally had a route back to MI. He went in to the company and repossessed the truck. We want to collect on this money. We called a lawyer but was told that MI law is different than NH law as to collection of money. Will a lawyer take this on contingency? What is the proper form to use to send to the company in regards to breach of contract? Do we have to go to court or can we just send a formal letter of demand?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">