• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Keeping my kids safe....

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bugdude

What is the name of your state? CA

My wife and I are separated (living apart, no legalities as yet). She has moved to an apartment around the corner from our house.

The REASON my wife and I are living apart is because she had, and is continuing, an affair with a drug user who has warrants out for his arrest for unserved time, has had DUI arrests resulting in a suspended driver license, lives at home with his mom (at 27 years old) and works no more than 10 hours per week at his mothers UPS store. When he is high (meth, cocaine and marajuana) he is violent, unpredictable, and self destructive. He has, while high, called my house 33 times in one weekend at all hours of day and night....as well as our friends for whom he has numbers, and her sister.

My wife and I have two children, aged 8 and 5, whom she sees everyday, as she works at "home" (the house where I live).....and as far as I know she is clean....although I have my doubt about that once in a while.

My question is this: Is there a way I can keep this degenerate away from my children? I have told my wife I do not want this person anywhere near my children; however, she believes this person is her "friend" and will not abandon him. My son tells me he is at her apartment when they (my children)are there. As far as I know, he has not been under the influence around my children, but I know that may not always be the case (I am, after all, getting this information from an 8 year old).

Can I get a restraining order against him? Him AND her? If so, how would one go about enforcing such a restraining order?

Thanks ahead of time for your help......

John

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">