• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

damage from neighbors property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

ladybj

undefinedWhat is the name of your state?pennsylvania,my neighbor bought the house next door 12 yrs. ago for taxs.he's never repaired anything and it was bad when he bought it.two yrs, ago i called code officer because his roof was leaking into my bedroom walls and ceiling and codeman said i would have to physically climb up and see which roof is leaking but he never did, and mine was new.this went on for two yrs. and a couple of wks. ago it rained and i've had so much damage upstairs and on my front porch which is only three yrs. old and siding and carpeting is ruined on front porch because his front porch roof is all rotted and the water comes over through my alum. soffiting and on my porch. i caled the codeman several times and then i saw a permit on front of neighbors house so i called codeman again and he said he tearing it down in two wks. by himself.this man is not a contractor and he uses a hand saw to cut floors apart and everytime he does i hear his plaster walls whatevers left of them fall down. the codeman said theres nothing he can do i should file civil suit, but isn;t it his job to make sure thi man protects my property while he's doing this, and what about the sewer and water lines that are connected. i'm the victim here and this codeman does nothing for me. i even called the commissioner and he said there's nothing we can do. what are my rights. my tax dollars pay their salaries and i've live here 20 yrs. and everything i've done is getting ruined and i'm afraid much more is going to be, since this man is not an experienced contractor with ins. to protect my property that he's already damaged. shouldn't the codeofficer;s job be to make sure that it's being done right and my property protected?i live alone,raised two children alone and helped put them through college and i'm now on soc. sec. disability and the home i've worked 30 yrs for and took care of may end up in shambles and i don't know what to do.legal advice i've sought was "make sure you get siding and insulation when he tears donw that side and make sure your walls don't fall because they could condemn your property.i can't beleive this. they sold him that home for $500.00 and it was a shack then and noone got after him.it should have been condemed.what cabn i do, and what exactly is the "duties" of a code officer?

HomeGuru

ladybj said:
undefinedWhat is the name of your state?pennsylvania,my neighbor bought the house next door 12 yrs. ago for taxs.he's never repaired anything and it was bad when he bought it.two yrs, ago i called code officer because his roof was leaking into my bedroom walls and ceiling and codeman said i would have to physically climb up and see which roof is leaking but he never did, and mine was new.this went on for two yrs. and a couple of wks. ago it rained and i've had so much damage upstairs and on my front porch which is only three yrs. old and siding and carpeting is ruined on front porch because his front porch roof is all rotted and the water comes over through my alum. soffiting and on my porch. i caled the codeman several times and then i saw a permit on front of neighbors house so i called codeman again and he said he tearing it down in two wks. by himself.this man is not a contractor and he uses a hand saw to cut floors apart and everytime he does i hear his plaster walls whatevers left of them fall down. the codeman said theres nothing he can do i should file civil suit, but isn;t it his job to make sure thi man protects my property while he's doing this, and what about the sewer and water lines that are connected. i'm the victim here and this codeman does nothing for me. i even called the commissioner and he said there's nothing we can do. what are my rights. my tax dollars pay their salaries and i've live here 20 yrs. and everything i've done is getting ruined and i'm afraid much more is going to be, since this man is not an experienced contractor with ins. to protect my property that he's already damaged. shouldn't the codeofficer;s job be to make sure that it's being done right and my property protected?i live alone,raised two children alone and helped put them through college and i'm now on soc. sec. disability and the home i've worked 30 yrs for and took care of may end up in shambles and i don't know what to do.legal advice i've sought was "make sure you get siding and insulation when he tears donw that side and make sure your walls don't fall because they could condemn your property.i can't beleive this. they sold him that home for $500.00 and it was a shack then and noone got after him.it should have been condemed.what cabn i do, and what exactly is the "duties" of a code officer?
**A: please have someone help revise your post using proper grammar and spelling. Then I'll read it.

L

ladybj

undefinedpennsylvania.i'm sorry about spelling but i am very upset and i was in a hurry.i will try once more but i'll make a long story short.i've had damage from my neighbors property,mainly because his roof is in terrible shape.he bought the home 12 yrs. ago and never did any maintenance on it. it was in terrible shape when he bought it for a tax sale, and is in worse shape now.i've contacted the code officer several times because of water damage to my home due to neighbors roof and there wasn't anything done about it.now, i've had a lot of damage done to my home, so after calling code officer again, i was told that the neighbor is tearing the house down, and my neighbor is not a contractor with ins. to protect my property from further damage while he tears down the house.he is doing this himself, so my question is"shouldn't the code officer be checking and making sure it's being done correctly so that there's no further damage done to my home? i hope you can read this.the directions for messages stated to use lower case which i am doing.i am not a college graduate, just an ordinary citizen and taxpayer wanting to know what my rights are, and how to protect my property from further damage.if something had been done two years ago when i first contacted the code officer i would not have as much damage as i have now.

HomeGuru

ladybj said:
undefinedpennsylvania.i'm sorry about spelling but i am very upset and i was in a hurry.i will try once more but i'll make a long story short.i've had damage from my neighbors property,mainly because his roof is in terrible shape.he bought the home 12 yrs. ago and never did any maintenance on it. it was in terrible shape when he bought it for a tax sale, and is in worse shape now.i've contacted the code officer several times because of water damage to my home due to neighbors roof and there wasn't anything done about it.now, i've had a lot of damage done to my home, so after calling code officer again, i was told that the neighbor is tearing the house down, and my neighbor is not a contractor with ins. to protect my property from further damage while he tears down the house.he is doing this himself, so my question is"shouldn't the code officer be checking and making sure it's being done correctly so that there's no further damage done to my home? i hope you can read this.the directions for messages stated to use lower case which i am doing.i am not a college graduate, just an ordinary citizen and taxpayer wanting to know what my rights are, and how to protect my property from further damage.if something had been done two years ago when i first contacted the code officer i would not have as much damage as i have now.
**A: so let me get this straight, being upset and in a hurry is a valid excuse for bad spelling and improper grammar?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">