• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

needs help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

chedrick1

What is the name of your state?north carolina. My son and his ex girlfriend have a 7 year old son. They signed an agreement through an attorney for child support and visitation. My son became addicted to drugs and entered a rehab, in the meantime the ex refused to let the child communicate with his father in no way. I picked the child up and he would spend the weekends with us. This was allowed by the ex only if I agreed that the child would have no contact with his father at all. I complied with her wishes. My son is now drug free and is paying child support but she refuses to let him see or talk to his son . She now has accused me of letting the child talk with his father on the phone. This is a false assumption. She now will not let me see my grandson. What can be done about this.

LdiJ

chedrick1 said:
What is the name of your state?north carolina. My son and his ex girlfriend have a 7 year old son. They signed an agreement through an attorney for child support and visitation. My son became addicted to drugs and entered a rehab, in the meantime the ex refused to let the child communicate with his father in no way. I picked the child up and he would spend the weekends with us. This was allowed by the ex only if I agreed that the child would have no contact with his father at all. I complied with her wishes. My son is now drug free and is paying child support but she refuses to let him see or talk to his son . She now has accused me of letting the child talk with his father on the phone. This is a false assumption. She now will not let me see my grandson. What can be done about this.
Your son needs to take things back to court and get his rights re-established. However what kind of visitation he can get at this point will be determined to some extent by the length of time he has been drug free.

ili

I can tell you from experience that some ex's are so vindictive they don't care
if a child is hurt as long as they can keep the child from an ex-parent or grandparent. We were jerked around a lot until we were needed by the
ex. Try to be kind (sometimes between clenched teeth) to the one who is
causing the problems. In our case it worked and after the child was kept
from his paternal grandparents and great-grandparents for several months
she came to us when she needed some help. Good luck.

C

chedrick1

ili

You're right about the vindictiveness of an ex. The one thing in our favor is that we have bent overbackward to all her demands. This is why this is all so surprising to us. It is very difficult to play nice some times but we really did have a good relationship with her. I had two child psycogolists to tell me that denying access to his father was going to come back to bite the mother. I told her this and she refused to believe it. My son has been drug free for about 9 months now. Surely that will account for something. chedrick1

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Your son needs to petition the court for visitation. Mom has no legal obligation to allow you to visit with the child on her time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">