• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

No Trespassing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lren

What is the name of your state? Illinois

My neighbor recently installed a "No Trespassing" sign in his yard. The problem is the sign is placed just inside his property line and faces my back yard. He lives on 10 wooded acres and cannot even see my house through the woods. The sign is a nuisance. Is there anything I can do to have him remove the sign?

nextwife

And how is a sign sitting out somewhere that nobody else sees a "nuisance"? What does it actually interfere with in terms of your ability to use your property?

Ignore it and stay on your side of the property.

L

lren

nextwife said:
And how is a sign sitting out somewhere that nobody else sees a "nuisance"? What does it actually interfere with in terms of your ability to use your property?

Ignore it and stay on your side of the property.
The only people who see the sign is me and my family. It's located 10 feet from my back door. Strategically placed you might say. It cannot be seen from the road.

FarmerJ

I hope you realise that the nieghbor may have done so to make random deer hunters who sometimes pay little attention to whose land they are on aware that they as well as anyone else arent welcome .

PghREA

He probably wants you, your family, your guests and your pets to stay on your side of the property line.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">