• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Writ of Mandamus filed pro se

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

SolomonGrundy

What is the name of your state? Washington
I made a post under the civil heading but I guess it belongs here.
I am suing the WA DOL (dept. of licensing) because they won't issue me a driver license even though they sent me a leter informing me that I was "clear and legal...to obtain a WADL". The reason they gave me was that my privellage to drive has been suspended in AZ for an FTA/FT pay. The state supreme court recently decided in Redmond v. Moore that the DOL could not automaticly suspend or revoke a persons license due to FTA/FTpay because it lacks any due process in that there is no mechanism to appeal the suspensions.
I have asked the superior court for a writ of mandamus and an order to show cause. I also asked for a waiver of court fees as I am currently unemployed.
My Q: Does anyone know of a [supreme court] decision that in effect states that court fees are inappropriate in civil rights cases where those fees serve the purpose of impeeding a person's exercizing of those rights, whether that is the intent of the fees or not?
Since I may not attach my complaint, if anyone is interested in seeing it just e-mail me [email protected]

racer72

The decision of which you speak only applies to licenses suspended by the state of Washington, not other states. And driving is a privelige, not a right.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">