• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Am I commiting adultery?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

O

OceanMom0306

What is the name of your state? Colorado

My boyfriend and I were dating a year and a half ago, we had a baby in that time and separated because he didn't want to become a father. In the time we were apart, he met a woman, got married and is now separated and now the baby and I live with him and we are trying to work things out. He is in the process of divorcing the woman. Everything will be final the 10th of December. We are both in the military. Can we get punished for trying to fix our family?

Shay-Pari'e

If you are both military, you should clearly know the answer.You are not in the civilian world. If he is legally seperated then he is ok. If not, you, and he can be charged with adultry through the military.

I would just like to add that you and him need to grow up, like yesterday

HomeGuru

OceanMom0306 said:

My boyfriend and I were dating a year and a half ago, we had a baby in that time and separated because he didn't want to become a father. In the time we were apart, he met a woman, got married and is now separated and now the baby and I live with him and we are trying to work things out. He is in the process of divorcing the woman. Everything will be final the 10th of December. We are both in the military. Can we get punished for trying to fix our family?
**A: the answer to your post subject questions is yes. My reference is the Bible and CO state statutes.

Last edited:

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
OceanMom0306 said:

Which part of ANY of this would make you think you're not committing adultery?

mak345

Since the divorce is not final, you could still be charged with adultery.
However, adultery is pretty hard to prove in a military court. There must be hard evidence that there was sexual intercourse. So, you two are probably safe there.

BUT you could be charged with wrongful cohabitation. Wrongful cohabitation can be charged when you are married and living with someone other than your spouse.

If you don't believe me about wronful cohabitation, look it up in the UCMJ. I can't remember the article number off the top of my head.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">