• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

servitude and right of way question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

foyamot

I live in Louisiana and purchased a piece of property from "A".
In the contract there is a clause "Subject to that certain servitude and right of way over and across the south 16 feet of the hereinabove described property, granted to "B" in registry number......, in conveyance book ...., page....., records of the clerk of court of.....Parish, Louisiana.". My question is this. If "A" or "B" had sold any other property to "C", property that butts up to that southern edge of my property, would there be any situation where "C" could claim any type of ownership of that south 16 feet. "B" died a couple of years ago.

Last edited:

HomeGuru

foyamot said:
I live in Louisiana and purchased a piece of property from "A".
In the contract there is a clause "Subject to that certain servitude and right of way over and across the south 16 feet of the hereinabove described property, granted to "B" in registry number......, in conveyance book ...., page....., records of the clerk of court of.....Parish, Louisiana.". My question is this. If "A" or "B" had sold any other property to "C", property that butts up to that southern edge of my property, would there be any situation where "C" could claim any type of ownership of that south 16 feet. "B" died a couple of years ago.

**A: I don't know since I never learned this confusing A, B,C's in preschool.

F

foyamot

I used A,B,and C in place of the name of the person involved. ie; Party A, B, and C.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">