• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Drug Possesion-Washington- no previous record

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

chrisinwa

What is the name of your state? Washington state

Hey, just was wondering if anyone knew anything about how drug possesion charges go in Washington State? Last night I got arrested with a little under a half ounce of pot and a small pipe. I was booked, the cop said, for drug possesion. Does anyone know what kind of process this will likely take? Or perhaps the ramifications as far as fines or other results may be? I truly appreciate any insight given. Good luck to you all in your situations...
Chris

racer72

Depends where in Washington. In the Seattle area, you get slapped on the wrist with a fine and probation. In the more rural area they tend to take possession charges a bit more seriously. I know someone that spent 3 days in jail in Pacific County because of residue on a soda can used as a pipe.

C

chrisinwa

racer72 said:
Depends where in Washington. In the Seattle area, you get slapped on the wrist with a fine and probation. In the more rural area they tend to take possession charges a bit more seriously. I know someone that spent 3 days in jail in Pacific County because of residue on a soda can used as a pipe.

Yeah, I live out in Redmond, which is where I got arrested.... I checked out www.norml.org and I guess the minimum I can get for the pot is 24hrs in jail and a fine of 250, and it looks like the same for the pipe. Since I had a pipe and weed, do you know if they can send me to jail for the minimum for the weed, and then also the minimum for the pipe(which would be a day for each, or however much for each they decide)?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">