• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Minor in Possesion of Beer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kidindoubt

Let me start by saying I am on probation for a marijuana charge in new jersey. I am in south carolina now, college, i was attending a party and there was a keg. i was not drinking however cops came and wrote everyone under the age of 21 MIP's. I was just wondering if I can fight this since I was just there hanging out. If I can't get it dropped how will this affect my status in new jersey as I do not meet with any probation officers.

CdwJava

If the element of the crime includes simply being in a place where minors were drinking and having free and unfettered access (i.e. domininon and control - you could have gotten beer if you wanted it), then you can be found guilty.

Possessing is not the same as consumption. And possession requires only that you have the aforementione dominion and control.

Whether you will be found guilty or not depends on a whole lot of things ... and not being familiar with NC law, I can't say whether this will result in a conviction or not.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">