• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Any way to sue the makers of Zoloft and Oxycontin?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

Donna_Marie

What is the name of your state? Wisconsin

I was wondering if there are any class action type suits against these companies because they don't tell you what to expect when you go through withdrawl after taking these prescribed medicines legally for a number of years. I know there is something against Zoloft if there has been a suicide from taking it, but what if the suicde was caught in time, as we made it to the psychiatric hospital and got help. Also when you stop taking high doses of oxycontin for pain over many years they never warn you that you will be extremely ill when you stop and have to go to the hospital for days and suffer terribly through the withdrawl. Thank you for reading this. My story is longer but I want to see if this might merit seeking out a lawyer or not.

rmet4nzkx

If you want to sue re these Rx, by all means feel free to search the internet and look for sites with class action lawsuits soliciting clients or consult with an attorney of your choice you don't need our permission or blessing to do that.
However, if you consider such an action, it will not only include the drug company but also your physician, since they prescribed for you and were responsible for managing the Rx, titrating up and down the Rx etc. there may be a thin line between proper management of your Rx and a problem with the Rx especially if you took it for years. Obviously "Oxycontin" is addictive, at some time you were told this and a reasonable person would understand you cannot quit this suddenly or without supervision. If you quit both at the same time or without adequate supervision ending up in a psychiatric hospital would not be unusual if you were suddenly fighting depression and chronis pain without relief or support. In lawsuits of this sort, a lot will depend on what you did or didn't do, it is not a winfall just because you took the Rx.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">