• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please help-court summons

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

nnnooosssfff

What is the name of your state? NY

The other night, I was in a friend's car, and we stopped in the parking lot of a public park. Then police officers at the park came up to us, asked for our ID's, and gave us summons to criminal court because he said we entered the park after closing. They gave a summons to every single person at the parking lot, which on other nights is usually full of people going fishing on a nearby pier. They told me the reason they are doing this tonight was because there has been robberies in the area and they want to discourage people from going to the park.

I've never went to court nor did anything illegal, not even a traffic ticket. I'm really worried about this. Can anyone tell me what would happen if I plead guilty? The officer told us just to go to court, apologize, say we will never do it again and said the judge would let us off. What kinds of sentences and what are the maximum sentences that the judge impose on me? What category of crime is this in? And most importantly of all, would it result in a criminal record?

Thank you so much. I would really appreciate it if anyone would be able to answer my questions.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">