• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

flipping a new construction

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

alittle0

I am considering purchasing a new construction condo in downtown San Diego, overlooking our name baseball stadium with peak views of the bay. The building won't be completed until Dec. '06. I however, have no real intention of living there. I realize this is a gamble, but I'm betting on the SAn Diego real estate market to continue to increase, even if it does slow, to make it worth my time.
So my question is three fold:
1. Is it legal to flip a property like this in California?
2. Can I just sell the contract that I will have signed or will I need to actually go through with getting a mortgage, etc. and then sell it the "usual" way?
3. If this is legal, any advice on how to go about doing it?
Thanks for any help you can give..

HomeGuru

alittle0 said:
I am considering purchasing a new construction condo in downtown San Diego, overlooking our name baseball stadium with peak views of the bay. The building won't be completed until Dec. '06. I however, have no real intention of living there. I realize this is a gamble, but I'm betting on the SAn Diego real estate market to continue to increase, even if it does slow, to make it worth my time.
So my question is three fold:
1. Is it legal to flip a property like this in California?
2. Can I just sell the contract that I will have signed or will I need to actually go through with getting a mortgage, etc. and then sell it the "usual" way?
3. If this is legal, any advice on how to go about doing it?
Thanks for any help you can give..

**A: consult an attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">