• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

neighbors harassing us.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

hummingbird2

What is the name of your state? Ohio

Our neighbor used to be friends with my husband years ago. The neighbor's son had two chow chow dogs and one came into our yard and attacked our rat terrier dog. We did not call the law on him(hindsight, we should have), we took our dog to the vet where she recieve over 300 stitches and almost died. The vet sent the bill to our neighbor and he refused to pay it saying it was our dogs' fault. That happened 6 years ago. Every year the neighbor thinks of reasons to call the law on us. Last year he said we were shooting fireworks at his house trying to burn it down. Both my husband and I worked the night shift and was not home. We proved this to the police and they told him to stop harassing us. Now he says he is hiring a tree trimmer to trim our treelimbs that hang over his fence in his yard. He says he is going to send us the bill. We know he is responsible to pay for the service and not us. Is there a way we can get him for harassment? He tells anyone that will listen to him that we cause all of this not him.

Shay-Pari'e

You have received the accurate advice in your prior posting. It sounds like you both feed on this. This does not constitute harassment, and a judge would laugh you out of court.

You send him a bill, he sends you one. It is not harassment, it is you and your neighbor acting like kids. Trimming your tree would be so simple, but I think you are thriving on wanting him to send you a bill that he is clearly responsible for.

Your issue is that he is an X friend. Start acting like responsible home owners and move on with your life.

Last edited:
H

hummingbird2

neighbors harassing us

I guess I should have said that we do not talk to him when he is outside. We try to stay as far away from him as possible. He does the same to the neighbors on the other side of him. He even calls the business on the other side of us telling them that their gas is leaking into his yard. There is a good half a mile between his house and the business.

Shay-Pari'e

Look, you do not have a harassment case. You don't talk to him, and he is not on your property ranting threats of violence. he is sending you a bill for a service, that HE is required to pay. Throw it out when you get it. Let him take you to court for it.

On a lighter note, just trim your darn tree and be done with it. You are thriving on the stress.

V

Vojobo

Agree

Paridise I agree with you. I dont think this is a harassment case at all. As paridise said you guys are just being little kids about it.

PS
Paridise sorry for being a jackass earlier

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">