• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What are my rights?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tireman1554

:mad: I live in Texas and I left home last because my wife has been seeing someone else. I have been supporting the kids and I see them every weekend. I went to see them today and she was moving her boyfriend into my house. Can she legally do this? And do I have any legal rights to this? He is a convicted felon and very violent and I would prefer to not have him around my children.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
She can legally move him into the house. As for his being around your kids - you'd need to file for a restraining order based on solid proof that he would be a danger to them.

T

tireman1554

Can I legally kick him out since my name is still on the mortgage?

T

tireman1554

But if I file a restraining order against him, he will have no choice. :)

T

tireman1554

His prison record for starters. He spent time in prison for domestic violence against another woman who wanted to leave him and go back to her husband.
His record for carrying drugs and illegal firearms. Should I go on?
This guy is a real piece of work!

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
And you have hard proof of this? You realize that his past history of DV against anotehr woman may not make him a threat towards your kids? A judge MAY buy it, but it's just as likely s/he won't. Do you have a lawyer?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">