• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

no pet rule

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mariamegonzales

What is the name of your state?Ca. The no pet rule states no 4 legged animals.Ive oned my unit for 4yrs now and got a dog about a year and a half ago.I got the dog because there are lots of cats and dogs living in this complex and have been long before I decided to get one. The HOA sent me a letter stating that I have been reported as having an animal and must get rid of her. I do have an animal but so do so many other residents.I know that we can try to get the by laws changed. I want to know If there is a performance law that might over ride this rule since it was never enforced for many years and since there will be so many displaced animals, If one must get rid of thier pet then all must do so, all though I dont think I would report anyone because it causes lots if distress on the animal and their owners.I guess this is also dicrimination.

nextwife

Sorry, but no. The other cats and dogs may have been "grandfathered in", meaning that the rules about pets changed after they were already owners and they are entitled to keep the pets they have until they die. It is irresponsible to take on a dog if you are aware that there is a rule that applied to YOUR purchase that prohibited having it. Now you are faced with selling or, as a responsible owner, locating a good family to take your pet.

KNowing that some owers have pets is NOT a legal reason to add one to your household when a rule was in place at the time you purchased that explicitly prohibed this.

M

mariamegonzales

I do have knowledge that the rule was in the original bylaws only I assumed that there were no pet rules because I saw so many of them. I do wish now that I had read the rules before I got the dog yes this was not a responsible thing to do. I also feal that HOA did not act responsibly If they had there would be no pets in this complex.There is a new civil code that does restrict any governing bodies from having at least 1 pet but this is only good for those governing bodies born after Jan1 2000. ours was before then but like I said the bylaws have always stated no 4 legged animals :(

Ciarraine

If the no pet rule was in the original bylaws and the board has allowed cats then they're guilty of selective enforcement and you may have a case.

HomeGuru

Ciarraine said:
If the no pet rule was in the original bylaws and the board has allowed cats then they're guilty of selective enforcement and you may have a case.

**A: Oh brother, you again. Lame responses again.

BelizeBreeze

And of course, you have no idea of what you speak. Which means you didn't stay gone long enough to learn something. :rolleyes:

Ciarraine

You agree that you will NOT use the FreeAdvice Forum to post any advertisement, chain letter, solicitation or other commercial message. You agree that you will NOT post any knowingly false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, or threatening message. You agree you will NOT post material that is illegally invasive of another person's privacy. You agree NOT to post any other person's copyrighted material. You agree to pay FreeAdvice $250 for each posting that violates such terms and conditions.

What's your tab, boys?

HomeGuru

Ciarraine said:
You agree that you will NOT use the FreeAdvice Forum to post any advertisement, chain letter, solicitation or other commercial message. You agree that you will NOT post any knowingly false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, or threatening message. You agree you will NOT post material that is illegally invasive of another person's privacy. You agree NOT to post any other person's copyrighted material. You agree to pay FreeAdvice $250 for each posting that violates such terms and conditions.

What's your tab, boys?

**A: I just mailed in my $500 check, you idiot. I reserve the right to call you an idiot again on another thread.

M

mariamegonzales

no pet ule

Just want to let you guys know I am so anxious to get on this forum to find out if there might be any new info that might help my situation.Those of you that want to argue the situation back and forth when it really has nothing to do with the question exept for your own intertainment are being unfair to all that are members of this forum by bringing negitivity to it. For the sake of all the members please stop.I dont want to give up my pet someone please help me with usefull info.

HomeGuru

mariamegonzales said:
Just want to let you guys know I am so anxious to get on this forum to find out if there might be any new info that might help my situation.Those of you that want to argue the situation back and forth when it really has nothing to do with the question exept for your own intertainment are being unfair to all that are members of this forum by bringing negitivity to it. For the sake of all the members please stop.I dont want to give up my pet someone please help me with usefull info.

**A: this is legal advice. If you want a second or third opinion by another attorney, please fell free to hire another attorney.
Read the CC&R's like you should have done BEFORE you bought or rented the place.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">