• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Drugs Possession

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sassyjo10

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Indiana is where this happen. I am writing cause My son was arrested in Indiana couple nights ago. there was 4 boys in the car and they were pulled over for going to slow. they ask for insurance and the car belonged to my son though one of the other boys was driving. they ask son to step out of car and ask where the drugs where? He said there are no drugs what do u mean,The police said they smelled Pot. He admitted to them that two of the boys had smoked a joint with a friend at his home a few minutes before they left. the cop ask if he could search him and he said sure ,they found his medication and took it and then he told then he had his money in his pants as he was afraid of getting robbed. they ask how much and he told them a little under 29,000.00. they immediately ask if he sold drugs and he said no.he explained why he had the money on him and told them they could check his auto. he signed paper and they brought a dog and found nothing. they arrested him and the other boys after telling them they were not under arrest all the time. they charged with theft though none of them know why.after being at jail over an hour they came and told him they had added a new charge of possession of pot less then 30 gram as they said they searched again and found some in car. Can they charge u with something after the fact and after the dog found nothing because there was nothing to find.there was no pot in the car according to all them.My son asked each boy and they said they had none. what is the theft charge ? how can they charge u after they have removed you from where they arrested u with no reason. I am confused, Thanks.They charged all 4 with the same thing and read no rights to anyone.

CdwJava

I'm confused, too. And since you were not there, you really have no way to know what happened at the scene.

This sounds like some potentially serious stuff, and there are too many gaps that you cannot possibly answer. Your son needs an attorney.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">