• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Disability Examination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

BackNine29

Has anyone gone through a disability examination relating to an application for SS disability? if so, what were your experiences?

Thanks,
BackNine29

tigger22472

Every experience is different. Generally they look over your file then have you do monkey tricks. Things like bending over, picking up pennies, doing what others think are simple tasks. (this of course is if you are talking about the physical and not mental eval).

Tigger is correct - all of the evaluations will be different.

I went with my father about 1.5 months ago, and his evaluation involved nothing more than questioning my father about his medical history. (Plus we gave the doctor a copy of all of his medical records.)

The only thing that my father had to do was lay down on the table, while she listened to his chest, and scraped the bottom of his feet to see if he oculd feel what she was doing.

Every doctor is different - there for every evalution is different.

Good luck though!

- Kari

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">