• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ex filed fake document with the Court and got decree changed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Smile Anyway

What is the name of your state? TEXAS

Our divorce started out as "friendly" and "uncontested" and he signed a waiver of citation. Somewhere down the line he became unfriendly and would not sign anything, so I proceeded without him and appeared in court without him. We had already verbally agreed that he could have the house without a fight and that he would relinquish all rights to my retirement benefits, which is what is stated in the divorce decree.

The divorce was finalized in March. In June, he went to the courthouse and filed a fake settlement agreement that contradicted many of the conditions in the original divorce decree. This fake settlement agreement had my signature and was dated three weeks AFTER the original decree was finalized and signed by the Judge. (Even if it was my real signature, would it be valid if it is dated after the final decree is signed?) He somehow doctored this document by adding my signature from some other previously signed document and changing the date, which is not in my handwriting.

Somehow, a hearing was held without my knowledge and the divorce decree has been rewritten and signed by the Judge. This fake agreement states that he will receive 50 percent of the retirement benefits, that I will pay for paternity testing, and all kind of outlandish things. The "new" decree also states that I "failed to appear after notice". I was never notified of the hearing and knew nothing of it until today, when I received copies of these papers from the retirement benefit customer service department saying that they could not honor "my" request to process a transfer of assets pursuant to a QDRO that I mailed to them! I don't know what to do. Isn't that a serious crime? Can this be straightened out? Should I call the POLICE?? Please Please help . . . :eek:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">