• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

fence ownership not determined

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kjsh

What is the name of your state? Florida
A couple of months ago, a fence dividing my yard and my back neighbor's yard was mostly destroyed due to the hurricanes.
My neighbor threw all the debris onto my side of the property... I guess assuming the fence was mine.
My survey indicates the fence was erected on his property. However, the bad side was facing my view. (I heard somewhere that determines ownership.) The survey also indicates in the "general notes" box that "fence ownership is not determined". I know I should've had that taken care of before closing but was an oversight on my part.
I then checked with the city but there are no records of permits issued for that fence.
My neighbor is not easy to deal with so asking him nicely to share responsibilities is not an option.
Is there any way to view his survey?
Should I call for a new survey?
What are my options?
I have limited funds and can't afford a lawyer. Not to mention a lawyer would probably be more than the cost of a new fence.
Your advice would be greatly appreciated.

kjsh

Okay, I have 6 gallons of gasoline, a box of matches, and 3 bags of marsmallows plus some weiners but need to know who the fence belongs to before burn it down.

HomeGuru

kjsh said:
Okay, I have 6 gallons of gasoline, a box of matches, and 3 bags of marsmallows plus some weiners but need to know who the fence belongs to before burn it down.
**A: put your stuff down and hire a surveyor.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">