• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Visits Being Denied

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

smcgarry

What is the name of your state? Texas
I have a friend who needs some help and I told her I would try to find out some info for her.
She and her hubby used to keep 3 Grandchildren daily until one day when son got mad at them and refused to let them see Grandkids any more. That was 2 or 3 years ago.
Grandparents miss Grandchildren terribly and don't know how to get to see them again.
They established a great bond with kids and are heartbroken. Son won't speak to them and it's a very messed up domestic dispute.
Do these Grandparents have any chance if they file for visitation since it's been so long since they've seen kids?
Thank you for any assistance you might be able to offer.

LdiJ

smcgarry said:
What is the name of your state? Texas
I have a friend who needs some help and I told her I would try to find out some info for her.
She and her hubby used to keep 3 Grandchildren daily until one day when son got mad at them and refused to let them see Grandkids any more. That was 2 or 3 years ago.
Grandparents miss Grandchildren terribly and don't know how to get to see them again.
They established a great bond with kids and are heartbroken. Son won't speak to them and it's a very messed up domestic dispute.
Do these Grandparents have any chance if they file for visitation since it's been so long since they've seen kids?
Thank you for any assistance you might be able to offer.
There is a very slight chance that if they are willing to spend about 20-30k (or more) in legal fees that they might get some very LIMITED visitation with the kids (probably supervised in the parent's home at best)...but its very slight. Most likely they are sol at this point. Too much time has passed.

LdiJ

smcgarry said:
That's what I thought. Thank you.
Of course they DO have the option of trying to repair their relationship with their son...and that really SHOULD be the most important thing to them. I know absolutely nothing about their situation and I am not judging, however sometimes "pride" prohibits people from taking the necessary steps to repair family relationships.

smcgarry

I agree 100%! They should make that the priority, but you are correct, and I do believe pride is in the way, here. It's very sad.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">