• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

tooth filling caused fracture

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

gliu

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? CA

In early April, my dentist told me I needed to replace an old filling in my tooth. After he did that, I started to feel headaches and orofacial pains as I never experienced before. I also felt cold/hot sensitivity in the area. The dentist said the cold/hot sensitivity might be caused by the cleaning during the procedure. But he didn't know why I got headaches. During the following two months, while none of the pains went away, he removed the new filling and put there a sedative filling and removed the wisdom tooth next to the troubled tooth (he thought a cavity in the wisdom tooth might be the cause of headaches). But the pains got worse after all that. I eventually went to another dentist and in the very first visit he diagnosed that a deep fracture and inflamed pulp in the troubled tooth was causing all the pains and the cold/hot sensitivity. A root canal had to be performed and a crown had to be put there because of the fracture. The pains were gone after that. The latter two procedures cost me $1000 out of pocket. I don't want to give any trouble to my former dentist but the two months long nightmare and $1000 extra cost let me want to find out whether there was any malpractice involved.
Please give some advices. Thanks!

Last edited:

vrzirn

Fracture is one of the possible complications of any drilling. Look on the consent form you signed before he did any work on you. It might have been a very fragile tooth. No cause for a lawsuit because you cannot prove he did anything wrong.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">