• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

covenants screened from public view

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

view

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? montana
we live in a large neighborhood with covenants. one of the covenants states "recreational vehicles, boats, trailers, campers, ....etc. are prohibited unless screened from public view." another covenant says that fences can only be built to the rear of the house and can only be 6 feet high. this person moved in with a 28 foot long rv that is 10 feet high. he has a 6 foot high fence around it and says that is all he has to do since fences can only be 6 feet high. i contend that it must be screened from public view, ie people on roads or his neighbors should not be able to see it. if he planted 10 foot high dense evergreen trees he might be able to screen it, but he says that would be too expensieve and he would not be able to drive in to park his rv. i think the rv is prohibited unless he can screen it from public view within the other covenant rules of 6 foot high fences. if he had a 6 foot tall boat or trailer he could screen it, but anything over 6 feet tall is almost impossible to screen and still have access to park it. your thoughts?

HomeGuru

view said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? montana
we live in a large neighborhood with covenants. one of the covenants states "recreational vehicles, boats, trailers, campers, ....etc. are prohibited unless screened from public view." another covenant says that fences can only be built to the rear of the house and can only be 6 feet high. this person moved in with a 28 foot long rv that is 10 feet high. he has a 6 foot high fence around it and says that is all he has to do since fences can only be 6 feet high. i contend that it must be screened from public view, ie people on roads or his neighbors should not be able to see it. if he planted 10 foot high dense evergreen trees he might be able to screen it, but he says that would be too expensieve and he would not be able to drive in to park his rv. i think the rv is prohibited unless he can screen it from public view within the other covenant rules of 6 foot high fences. if he had a 6 foot tall boat or trailer he could screen it, but anything over 6 feet tall is almost impossible to screen and still have access to park it. your thoughts?
**A: I agree........

view

Additional info-

"the parking and storage of recreational vehicles, boats, trailers, campers, ....etc. are prohibited unless screened from public view."

recent homeowners board with majority favors all rvs. covenants still allow individuals to sue. am i correct in my assessments that his rv must not be visible? and if so, could i go to small claims court to get a judge to likely agree with my position?

HomeGuru

view said:
Additional info-

"the parking and storage of recreational vehicles, boats, trailers, campers, ....etc. are prohibited unless screened from public view."

recent homeowners board with majority favors all rvs. covenants still allow individuals to sue. am i correct in my assessments that his rv must not be visible? and if so, could i go to small claims court to get a judge to likely agree with my position?
**A: we don't know since we wouldn't know the judges mindset at the time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">