• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

STD's

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JWilmont

What is the name of your state?NY

If you and your spouse have been seperated 6+ months and prior to them moving out you asked them for an STD check on both parties, even though there was no evidence only speculation of an affair, can you order one in a divorce since they are still legally married and not legally seperated?

Beth3

Why wouldn't the spouse who requested the tests just get one on him/herself? If it comes back negative, then any concerns about having contracted a STD have been addressed.

JWilmont

Good point

Good point. I suggested the same. The would like the results on both sides, one because if one is effected they are worried about their children, and feel that both parties should know so they know how to protect themselves and two because the one person is saying the other gave them something though he is negative and now she is denying she has anything. So they were just wondering if there is any way to legally get one before the seperation is legal. For both parties to know for sure.

JWilmont

PS about HIV and STD's

The wife came back and said her attorney said that only if it's HIV so that is why she is now refusing the results. Is that true? It only has to be disclosed if it HIV?

AHA

Major confusing posts.

What does it matter if one of the parents has an STD? They are separated and obviously don't have sex with each other anymore. And unless someone has genital contact with the kids(which is illegal by the way!!!!), the kids aren't at risk of catching any STD's.

JWilmont

Post Wiped

Ok- the Belizebreeze guy post were wiped. Hmm, with no appology. Any way- Does anyone know the answer to this??? Can you still some how order results?

AHA

Why would a former spouse have the right to be informed of intimate infections on their ex? No one has the right to know about others medical conditions unless that person tells them him/herself, especially if they don't have a relationship. It's confidential information for no others eyes but the patient and the doctor. The former spouse is not in danger of catching it, unless they still sleep together.

JWilmont

response

They are still married and not legally seperated. He just wanted to know if there was a legal way? So if he can proove they still sleep together there is a legal way? Or is there a legal way without sex involved- since it has not been a year apart yet?

Last edited:

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Sweetheart - why don't you just lay the situation out straight? What are you wanting to know?

JWilmont

To Stealth2

I just want to know if you can court order STD testing from a spouse in NY state because there is no legal seperation and it hs not been a year since physcial sepeartion?

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
YOU cannot order anything. You could petition the court to order it, but I seriously doubt that the court would do so. I would certainly fight hard if my ex/stbx were to request something like that.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">