• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Nasty land theif neighbor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tonjuark

What is the name of your state?Idaho
I have had problems with this neighbor before, and posted here because of him. You all have helped me every step of the way, and I want to thank you for that, but he is back again!!. He has encroached his garden fence onto my property 4'x60'. I have a curent survey showing the encroachment. I have sent him letters giving notice to remove his fence off my property, or I would do it myself. I got a letter the other day from his attorney saying that if I remove his fence which they claim that my survey is wrong, and claim he is using a old survey marker. Ya, he pulled a tape on a pin that was over 150' away and eyeballed it and called it close enough, is what he did. The only survey pin that has ever been there is the one my husband had surveyed. His lawyer said and I quote"The fence remains a legal fence and cannot simply be torn down with out complying with title 35 of the Idaho Code. If an effort is made to remove the fence without complying with the code, the neighbor will seek injunctive relief as well as damages. I know Iam in the right, can I take it down myself??do I have to give him a statutes of time?? Idaho code say if a fence is put up by mistake, that I have to give him One year to remove it. I have a survey, he does not...do I really have to wait the year to get this land theif off my property? thank you for your help

tonjuark

Idaho.. does anyone have any suggestions on what to do? His lawyer gave me 10 days to respond to this letter, any help at all would be greatly appreciated......thanks so much

HomeGuru

tonjuark said:
Idaho.. does anyone have any suggestions on what to do? His lawyer gave me 10 days to respond to this letter, any help at all would be greatly appreciated......thanks so much
**A: yes, here's what to do- respond within the 10 days.

tonjuark

Oh, I will respond allright!! I will give him a letter telling him,to tell his client that he better get his fence off my land.!! I have a current survey and only survey done for that peace of ground, including a encroachment survey. I would rather just go over and tear the fence down myself, but I do not want to get in a big law suite, or I do not want to get arrested. That is what they are claiming they will do to me, if I remove the fence. I want to know my rights as a land owner, If someone eyeballs a fence line and claims it as a survey, and his lawyer is ready to fry me if I take the fence down, all because they are claiming it is a legal fence. I don't see how it can be a legal fence, they do not have a survey, I do..I just want to know if the lawyer is bull________ me or not... thanks for your time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">