• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Company won't refund shipping charges on damaged merchandise

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

KFGRAM

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Connecticut

I ordered a TV from Dealznet located in Brooklyn, NY online in May. They processed my payment immediately. After a week, they told me the TV was backordered and would be in their warehouse about a week later. Finally, at the end of June, I got an email that the TV had been shipped. I received an email a week later to call the shipping company to set up an appointment to have the TV delivered. I called the shipping company and was told the TV was damaged in shipment and that I wouldn't want it in the condition it was in and I should call the company I purchased it from to see about a refund. I called Dealznet and told them what happened and was told that I couldn't get my money back until the claim was settled. They said it would take 8-12 weeks. On October 18, I tried to contact them by phone but was unsuccessful, so I faxed them to find out about my refund. A few days later, I noticed that they had refunded the price of the TV but not the shipping charges. They say I'm not entitled to the shipping charges. Since we never received the TV because it was damaged in shipping, are we liable for the shipping charges? If we are entitled to a refund of the shipping charges, how do we go about convincing them that we are?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">