• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Two Tickets In One Day

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

stevek23

What is the name of your state? california

Okay, the first ticket says that I have outdated tabs and I just got a used car and the temporary identification paper fell on the floor, I can probably contest that and pay $10 for that right?

The other ticket that I'm wondering about, is a fire hydrant ticket. When I noticed that the street wasn't paint red or yellow or whatever, (and I was late to class) I just parked there, without noticing the fire hyrant which was on the grass across the curb. Can I contest that since I didn't see the fire hyrant and they didn't paint the curb? or am I gonna get rejected.. thx for replying

CdwJava

stevek23 said:
Okay, the first ticket says that I have outdated tabs and I just got a used car and the temporary identification paper fell on the floor, I can probably contest that and pay $10 for that right?
Or whatever they charge for a processing fee in your county ... but, generally, that's probably correct.

The other ticket that I'm wondering about, is a fire hydrant ticket. When I noticed that the street wasn't paint red or yellow or whatever, (and I was late to class) I just parked there, without noticing the fire hyrant which was on the grass across the curb. Can I contest that since I didn't see the fire hyrant and they didn't paint the curb? or am I gonna get rejected.. thx for replying
Nope. CVC 22514 clearly says that you cannot park within 15' of the hydrant. It does NOT require that the curbs be painted red or any other color - nor are signs required to be posted.

I'm afraid you'll have to suck up that one.

On a lighter note ...

But, I HAVE seen what happens when a car is in the way of a hydrant during a fire - they break out the windows and run the hoses right through the car! I asked why they didn't just push the car out of the way and was told that this would not only damage the precious $200,000 fire truck, but would do great damage to the vehicle as well - and cause the city extensive liability. Apparently they are covered if they damage the car to run the hoses, but not to ram the car. I got some good pictures of the hose running through the car ... and got to deal with the angry driver when I gave him a parking ticket after he returned "demanding" to be able to move his car while they were still fighting the fire!

- Carl

CBlasek

Take it from a fire fighter, if someone is parked infront of a hydrant, I am knocking out every damn window, grabbing the leaky hose and putting it in the compartment, hell I might even say the vehicle is unstable, crib it, and deflate the tires. Use common sense here, if it was your house, would you really want us to have to search for a hydrant, while your house burns?

CdwJava

CBlasek said:
Take it from a fire fighter, if someone is parked infront of a hydrant, I am knocking out every damn window, grabbing the leaky hose and putting it in the compartment, hell I might even say the vehicle is unstable, crib it, and deflate the tires. Use common sense here, if it was your house, would you really want us to have to search for a hydrant, while your house burns?
Yeah - the car in question at this scene had almost a foot of water in the passenger area ... it was actually kinda sweet to see.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">