• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I know grandparents have rights...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

EjaWinter

What is the name of your state? Texas

Okay, I know that grandparents have rights, but what about biological siblings?? Note: with no violence, no records, great grades, etc. The only reason being that the oldest child chose to live with the "wrong" parent.

Last edited:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

EjaWinter said:

Okay, I know that grandparents have rights, but what about biological siblings??

My response:

Really? What "rights" do Grandparents have? Under what circumstances?

IAAL

LdiJ

EjaWinter said:

Okay, I know that grandparents have rights, but what about biological siblings?? Note: with no violence, no records, great grades, etc. The only reason being that the oldest child chose to live with the "wrong" parent.
Actually grandparents don't have any inherent "rights". They only have the right to petition a court for visitation (and not in all states) under certain specific conditions.

There are only a handful of states that make provisions for siblings to petition for visitation. I don't believe your state is one of them, however you should verify that with a local attorney.

I will tell you though, that those kinds of cases are extremely expensive and very difficult to win since the USSC ruling in Troxel vs Granville.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">