• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

no lawyer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

nosey41

what is the name of your state? florida
how do I get legal help if I have no income and can not work becuase of cancer . What can I do To not get taken advantage of and can I bring someone to court to help as well as things like depositions and medations?

Last edited:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

nosey41 said:
how do I get legal help if I have no income and can not work becuase of cancer . What can I do To not get taken advantage of and can I bring someone to court to help as well as things like depositions and medations?

My response:

Do you believe in the Tooth Fairy? Santa Claus? Easter Bunny? The Phantom of the Opera?

Why would anyone work for free, that perhaps, isn't a relative?

IAAL

BlondeIntel

nosey41 said:
What are you trying to accomplish? Many lawyers offer a free initial consultation, but it is extremely difficult to give you any advice if you don't tell anyone what kind of case you're talking about.

Gracie3787

nosey41 said:

You can check with your county Legal Aid of Florida office, if you call the Fla. Bar Lawyer Referral Service 1-800-342-8011 they can give you a list of attornies that you can have consultation with for free or little cost. I don't know for sure if they could help, but you could try calling the American Cancer Society- they may have some program or ideas for help.
Good luck to you.

Gracie3787

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
My response:

Do you believe in the Tooth Fairy? Santa Claus? Easter Bunny? The Phantom of the Opera?

Why would anyone work for free, that perhaps, isn't a relative?

IAAL
I sometimes wonder if you have split personality disorder. I have read posts where you give straightforward, helpful replies without any sarcasm. And you also like to give replies that are mean and sarcastic to posters who don't deserve it.

This OP was simply asking how to go about getting legal help with no income and cancer. Why couldn't you have simply replied to contact Legal Aid, or try to find pro-bono help?

I realize that you are an attorney and cannot get away with your sarcasm in court or with clients, and I wonder, do you take out your frustrations by being sarcastic to posters on this site? :D

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Gracie3787 said:
I wonder, do you take out your frustrations by being sarcastic to posters on this site? :D

My response:

No. I'm like this all the time.

What frustrates me is that people don't plan for their old age when they're young. Then, when they ARE older, they need to rely on others for free services - - if such services are even available.

Since this person didn't get the "kick-in-the-butt" that should have been given when younger, then this writer is getting it now - - and feeling the pangs and pain of failing to plan.

People, like the writer, are an anchor, a lead weight, on society. I don't mind giving people a "hand". I DO MIND giving people a "hand-out".

IAAL

Last edited:

Gracie3787

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
Since this person didn't get the "kick-in-the-butt" that should have been given when younger, then this writer is getting it now - - and feeling the pangs and pain of failing to plan.IAAL
Just one question- OP does not state what their age is, so why do you think OP is older/elderly? For all we know OP could be 20 yrs old (young people are not immune from cancer).

While I agree that sometimes people fail to plan for being older, please remember that not every person is an attorney, congressman, or other high income person who has ability to plan for future. Then again, when I worked in home health I saw alot of former attornies/ high earners plans eaten away by things they had no control over.

Thanks for answering my question, it's kind of nice to know that you are sarcastic all the time. :rolleyes:

N

nosey41

Thank you gracie3787 for at least not judging me before any facts.
This is some of the case. I lived with this man for 23 years owned our own home was told did not have to work he would do it all. Some men like that power over a woman.
I spent just as much time cleaning up after him and two children thats just as hard as what anyone does no matter what anyone says.

I may not have all the spelling right so please forgive that.

I guess its my fault for not explaining the case. I,m not to good at the whole computer thing but am getting used to it by no choice.

Anyways thought I was pretty secure until I got cancer and yes there were problems before that. But I have always taken him for his word and did not see this coming and yes he was cheating. I found out when I checked on the car loans to see if I had made the payment and was told there was one not paid yet. The car was not mine he had bought her one.

Hit me like a ton of bricks. So needless to say I,m now trying to defend myself against him and his lawyer who is alot like the lawyer who replyed to me very rude and has never probably had any real hardship in his life see I can be just as rude.

So house is now morgaged to the hilt because he paid his truck off by second morgaging the house as well as other things.
I am now living in the house and am forced to come up with the money to pay the bills.

And I have contacted legal aid no good can,t get one for a nofault divorce.No ones going to take it with me not having any income.
My question was mearly to find out if there was some other kind of ave, to persue that maybe i,m not aware of. My daughter came to court the last time to help me but did not know if she could for a deposition.

Also he is paying temporary alamony ordered by the judge who told him to take care of his past responsibilitys before taking on any more.
But at divorce when its ever filed by him I may lose the house my car everything and this person is just scared of the end what ever it is and yes I,m also battling cancer at the same time which mister know it all is pretty hard in it self. Simply tried to find out if there was any thing else.

And as far as you mister know it all you should learn alittle kindness it will better you.

Thanks for any help

LdiJ

nosey41 said:
Thank you gracie3787 for at least not judging me before any facts.
This is some of the case. I lived with this man for 23 years owned our own home was told did not have to work he would do it all. Some men like that power over a woman.
I spent just as much time cleaning up after him and two children thats just as hard as what anyone does no matter what anyone says.

I may not have all the spelling right so please forgive that.

I guess its my fault for not explaining the case. I,m not to good at the whole computer thing but am getting used to it by no choice.

Anyways thought I was pretty secure until I got cancer and yes there were problems before that. But I have always taken him for his word and did not see this coming and yes he was cheating. I found out when I checked on the car loans to see if I had made the payment and was told there was one not paid yet. The car was not mine he had bought her one.

Hit me like a ton of bricks. So needless to say I,m now trying to defend myself against him and his lawyer who is alot like the lawyer who replyed to me very rude and has never probably had any real hardship in his life see I can be just as rude.

So house is now morgaged to the hilt because he paid his truck off by second morgaging the house as well as other things.
I am now living in the house and am forced to come up with the money to pay the bills.

And I have contacted legal aid no good can,t get one for a nofault divorce.No ones going to take it with me not having any income.
My question was mearly to find out if there was some other kind of ave, to persue that maybe i,m not aware of. My daughter came to court the last time to help me but did not know if she could for a deposition.

Also he is paying temporary alamony ordered by the judge who told him to take care of his past responsibilitys before taking on any more.
But at divorce when its ever filed by him I may lose the house my car everything and this person is just scared of the end what ever it is and yes I,m also battling cancer at the same time which mister know it all is pretty hard in it self. Simply tried to find out if there was any thing else.

And as far as you mister know it all you should learn alittle kindness it will better you.

Thanks for any help
Go an get a consult with an attorney. Its very possible that with your circumstances a judge would require him to pay your legal fees. That isn't uncommon. At least talk to an attorney about your situation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">