• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

House Laws

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kennyg2025

Ontario, Canada....

I don't know if anyone can help me as I am in Canada and am not sure if this is a states only forum....

My wife and I have seperated....she left and is living elsewhere....we own our house and I have continued to life in it....am I wrong to change the locks as I do not want her coming in and out as she pleases....I can not go in and out of her place....I do not refuse her access when asked...Also....she wants me to sell the house and split the differences....we have not been seperated 1 year and have not even begun divorce papers.....I want to keep the house for now and rent it out....I am going to get my own place also....but I would like to not give up on house and keep it for now.... She says she doesn't want it rented.....Who has the right to say in this situation....if it comes to a divorce and she wants it sold I understand I will have to do so....but can't I wait till that time comes before giving her her half???? we have already split up all other possessions with a signed item list of who got what and that we agreed to it....If anyone could be of help that woudl be appreciated...

Ken

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

kennyg2025 said:
Ontario, Canada....

I don't know if anyone can help me as I am in Canada and am not sure if this is a states only forum....

My response:

Well, then. Let me enlighten you with the instructions at the top of this, and every, page: "Questions about U.S. law ONLY."

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">