• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrong code violation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CliftonSantiago

What is the name of your state? CA.

Okay, i received a citation for violation of S.C.C.- "Broadcast of Sound" "Loud Stereo" is what is says on citation. i just happend to stumble upon a site listing all California codes and laws. the code he cited me does not match violation. it's nowhere near it as a matter of fact, if i present this to the judge, do i stand a chance of getting off on a technicality? if not i'm prepared to pay the fine..... in pennies. could they refuse my payment and make me pay by ATM or check or M.O.?

racer72

Forget the pennies. You can be charged with harrassment of a court officer and that is a felony. Someone tried that stunt in a court in Seattle recently and they are looking at jail time. And that person didn't even get the 20 pounds of pennies through the court security check point.

CdwJava

CliftonSantiago said:
What is the name of your state? CA.

Okay, i received a citation for violation of S.C.C.- "Broadcast of Sound" "Loud Stereo" is what is says on citation. i just happend to stumble upon a site listing all California codes and laws. the code he cited me does not match violation. it's nowhere near it as a matter of fact, if i present this to the judge, do i stand a chance of getting off on a technicality? if not i'm prepared to pay the fine..... in pennies. could they refuse my payment and make me pay by ATM or check or M.O.?
You have been cited for a city code violation and not a Vehicle Code violation. My guess is the "C.C. equates to "City Code".

Yes, they could refuse to take your pennies. Not knowing your jurisdiction, it's impossible to say if they would take a check or not, but they would likely take a M.O. and your debit card.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">