• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need Advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

miguelsndvl

What is the name of your state?Arizona
My father has been receiving a check from his retirement from the Social Security Administration. He recently got out of jail where he has been for the last four months. They stopped sending money for those four months, my question is does he have the right to those monies for the last four months?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

miguelsndvl said:
What is the name of your state?Arizona
My father has been receiving a check from his retirement from the Social Security Administration. He recently got out of jail where he has been for the last four months. They stopped sending money for those four months, my question is does he have the right to those monies for the last four months?

My response:

What's an old geezer doing behind bars, anyway?

To answer your question, no, he's not going to get that money. That's because someone else has been taking care of him - - the County! And, it's the County that gets that money to defray their costs of your upstanding father's incarceration.

IAAL

I

I AM NOT LIABLE

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE is just chillin in da hood with da home boys

MN

If I put my 40 quarters in and then go to prison for 10 years can I
collect the back pay when I get out?? Sounds like a deal to me!!!
I could commit a crime and get paid for it, I'd love it!
There would be a Lot more ex-felons and ex-nuthouse cases.
(With a lot of money!!)
Don't think for a second that our Federal Government wouldn't have
thought of this one!! Anybody institutionalized in any institution has
LOST the right to claim back pay. Sorry. ~Mary~

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">