• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Legal Obligation

• Thread starter WaitingPatientl
  • Start date

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

WaitingPatientl

What is the name of your state? Indiana

My wife and I are going through a divorce, we were married for 5 years. She acquired a house before we were married, I gave her the money for the down payment as a gift. The house however is in her name solely. In an agreement she would keep the house, I would pay half of the payment until the divorce is final. Now she is wanting to sell it and is telling me I have to pay the fees required. Do I have a legal obligation to do this?

WaitingPatientl said:
What is the name of your state? Indiana

My wife and I are going through a divorce, we were married for 5 years. She acquired a house before we were married, I gave her the money for the down payment as a gift. The house however is in her name solely. In an agreement she would keep the house, I would pay half of the payment until the divorce is final. Now she is wanting to sell it and is telling me I have to pay the fees required. Do I have a legal obligation to do this?

Look at the agreement, what does the agreement say between the both of you. If the agreement excludes that wording but specifically details your obligations, what do you think???

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">