• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My wife left with another man, now she wants the house.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

electrowoman

Forget the electrowoman it was the 12th handle I tried! I am a man..

I'm in PA my wife moved out of our home (buying) and moved in with her boyfriend. She is now filing for a divorce and says she wants me out of our house in two weeks to move the new man in.

She wants me to sign a quit claim on our deed to get my name off, then give her 120 days to remortgage the house. I'm to be out of the house in two weeks.

Can they put me out of my own house while my name is on the deed and mortgage?

Wouldn't it be a mistake to sign the quit claim before she had refinancing in place?

We have no plans to fight over "stuff" but I'm afraid of being screwed financially if she can't get a new loan for the house.

If my name is tied to the mortgage my debt to income ratio keeps me from buying another place till the old house is cleared.

What do you suggest? I felt I should stay in the house till my name is off the mortgage but can I do that???

HELP!

electrowoman said:
Forget the electrowoman it was the 12th handle I tried! I am a man..

I'm in PA my wife moved out of our home (buying) and moved in with her boyfriend. She is now filing for a divorce and says she wants me out of our house in two weeks to move the new man in.

She wants me to sign a quit claim on our deed to get my name off, then give her 120 days to remortgage the house. I'm to be out of the house in two weeks.

Can they put me out of my own house while my name is on the deed and mortgage?

Wouldn't it be a mistake to sign the quit claim before she had refinancing in place?

We have no plans to fight over "stuff" but I'm afraid of being screwed financially if she can't get a new loan for the house.

If my name is tied to the mortgage my debt to income ratio keeps me from buying another place till the old house is cleared.

What do you suggest? I felt I should stay in the house till my name is off the mortgage but can I do that???

HELP!

Repeat, and I repeat, do not under any circumstances release yourself from the deed until your name is off of the financial part of the house. Personally I would not care if she wanted the house but I would not release my rights from the deed until all else was released. I would not care how close my ex and I are either.

electrowoman

On the question of being forced out what is your opinion? Could I charge the boyfriend rent if he moves in?

She says if I'm not out in 2 weeks they are moving in anyway! Can she do that?

Shouldn't I have as much right to be there as she does till my name is off the deed and mortgage?

Do you smell what I smell coming.... I smell an OOP coming, what about you. What, what are you talking about Bulldogg70. Well the boyfriend moves in, an arguement ensues and an OOP is ordered and you are kicked out of the house. bamm there you go

O

ollie w. holmes

electrowoman said:
Rent-a-HO and let her move into the same house. See if your wife likes that!

Ignoring the wife's boyfriend for the moment, what makes her and her lawyer think that they can eject you from the house?

electrowoman

That's the question I have been asking. I feel she left and both names are on the mortgage so I think it's a tie ball game.

I like the idea of moving in another woman :eek:) That would really get her attention. I'll tell her we'll be one happy family :eek:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">