• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need Help Desperately

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

wantingoutnow

What is the name of your state? Texas

I want a divorce. We have 3 kids. He doesn't work and hasn't in over 3 years. I have struggled trying to provide for my family while he watches tv all day and drinks every night. He's very erratic with the kids, however, not physically abusive. I moved to another city and reluctantly allowed him to come, because otherwise, he would have been homeless. The stipulation was that he slept on the couch and he had to get a job and get on his feet. That was 6 months ago and he's not even trying. The apartment is in my name and if I move out, will be breaking my lease. No way he can afford it. How can I get him out of my house? He's not on the lease. I can't afford to file anything. I'm still trying to get us out of the debt that he's put us in over the last 3 years. We also have a bankruptcy that has not been discharged yet. I still owe them $3000. Can i file without that being discharged? Please advise.

LdiJ

wantingoutnow said:
What is the name of your state? Texas

I want a divorce. We have 3 kids. He doesn't work and hasn't in over 3 years. I have struggled trying to provide for my family while he watches tv all day and drinks every night. He's very erratic with the kids, however, not physically abusive. I moved to another city and reluctantly allowed him to come, because otherwise, he would have been homeless. The stipulation was that he slept on the couch and he had to get a job and get on his feet. That was 6 months ago and he's not even trying. The apartment is in my name and if I move out, will be breaking my lease. No way he can afford it. How can I get him out of my house? He's not on the lease. I can't afford to file anything. I'm still trying to get us out of the debt that he's put us in over the last 3 years. We also have a bankruptcy that has not been discharged yet. I still owe them $3000. Can i file without that being discharged? Please advise.
Yes, you can file for divorce even though you have a bankruptcy that has not been discharged....The divorce may not be finalized until the bankruptcy is discharge but you can definitely file. File for divorce and follow the proper proceedures to legally evict him from the home.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">