• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Want a Divorce

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

miaguy

What is the name of your state? Florida

I was married 5 years ago. At the time, my wife was an illegal allien but thanks to a new law she was able to apply for permanent residency without my help. She changed her name in the process because her grandma adopted her. I came to the conclusion that when she married me, she used fraudulent info. I don;t want to hurt her in any way although she deserves it.

I just want a divorce, but how I do this if her name is different now? (her last name still the same as well as her birth date, she only changed her first name). She says, "bring me the paperwork, I'll sign it". I don't know if this is posible. She have told me that under no circumstances she will visit a lawyer or a court. I asked a lawyer if I could get divorced for abandonment. He says that I have to hire a P.I. to locate her and then use publication, them I could get a divorce but that will be expensive. :confused:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">