• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Notice Of Filing Summons For Petition W/att

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sc4616

What is the name of your state? Florida

Can someone tell me what "NOTICE OF FILING SUMMONS FOR PETITION W/ATT" means? I have filed for divorce, have an attorney, and the above mentioned appears under my case number in public records.

Gracie3787

sc4616 said:
What is the name of your state? Florida

Can someone tell me what "NOTICE OF FILING SUMMONS FOR PETITION W/ATT" means? I have filed for divorce, have an attorney, and the above mentioned appears under my case number in public records.
It means that your attorney has filed the petition and summons with the court clerk's office. The W/ATT only means that you are being represented by legal counsel.

It also means that the petition and a summons is on it's way to your soon-to-be-ex.

I am assuming that you have gone online and pulled up the docket for your case #. It is an excellant way to know at all times just what has been filed with the court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">