• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Nightmare Next Store

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state?DE
I recently moved into what I thought was going to be a peaceful neighborhood until I met my neighbors next store. since about 6 months after we moved in, my younger sister had problems with our neighbors daughter and from there on, it has been a nightmare. My mother and her mother had a disagreement about my sister and the neighbors daughter. Our dog was taking from our backyard and given away by our neighbor and we later found out when we found our dog and the person who had her told us she was given to them by our neighbor. We tried to keep the peace by ignoring them and keeping to ourselves but its almost like they are trying to run us out of the neighborhood. There was a scratch on the lady's car and she called the police saying we did it, then weeks later a cop showed up at our door saying that next store was pressing charges for tresspassing saying WE let there dog out of their yard. The charges were later dropped. On mischief night, my car was egged and just the other day, they called the SPCA on us saying we do not take proper care of our dog. I dont know what to do anymore. These people wont leave us alone and it almost seems like the more we ignore them, the more trouble they want to start. The things they are saying and doing are untrue and I dont know how long I can go on living like this. What can you do in this situation besides ignore them which is almost impossible.

Ciarraine

worriedwith1 said:
What is the name of your state?DE
I recently moved into what I thought was going to be a peaceful neighborhood until I met my neighbors next store. since about 6 months after we moved in, my younger sister had problems with our neighbors daughter and from there on, it has been a nightmare. My mother and her mother had a disagreement about my sister and the neighbors daughter. Our dog was taking from our backyard and given away by our neighbor and we later found out when we found our dog and the person who had her told us she was given to them by our neighbor. We tried to keep the peace by ignoring them and keeping to ourselves but its almost like they are trying to run us out of the neighborhood. There was a scratch on the lady's car and she called the police saying we did it, then weeks later a cop showed up at our door saying that next store was pressing charges for tresspassing saying WE let there dog out of their yard. The charges were later dropped. On mischief night, my car was egged and just the other day, they called the SPCA on us saying we do not take proper care of our dog. I dont know what to do anymore. These people wont leave us alone and it almost seems like the more we ignore them, the more trouble they want to start. The things they are saying and doing are untrue and I dont know how long I can go on living like this. What can you do in this situation besides ignore them which is almost impossible.
Document what you're going through, and if you can establish a pattern of false police reports, or of harassment, or of vandalism, go get a restraining order. And do your best to avoid these nutbars.

That's about all you can do. FYI I moved in next to crazies too, and they basically hung themselves by threatening and harassing me while I built up a mighty collection of false police reports, threatening letters, property damage caused by them, etc. Once my attorney said "You know what? We have enough." we were able to force a change.

Unreasonable people do unreasonable things which reasonable people can turn to their advantage. Stay reasonable.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">