• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

sold business assets

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

childconsign

What is the name of your state? FL

I recently sold the 'assets only' of my business. Which included fixtures, database, remaining lease, and inventory.

At the time of sale it was thought that there was more inventory on the floor than what seems to be now due to an error in the database.

Closing was 10/29 - the check has cleared.

Do I, the seller, have to reemburse the buyer for the incorrect inventory amount even after the buyer OKed all documents prior to the purchase?

Or since it was an assets only sale, does the buyer have to eat the cost of the mistake not caught by either parties prior to closing?

Does the buyer have a right to sue the seller?

I hope that you can provide advice on this subject.

BelizeBreeze

You are asking questions that no one here can advise you on without a complete and thorough reading of the contract.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">