• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Model Release

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

DLARUSSA

What is the name of your state?Arizona

Hi,

I have recently began modeling for a site online, where I send them photo sets of myself and then am paid for them. I was given the following model release by the owner of the site to sign and mail to him, one with each set of photos. While I agree to relenguish rights to the sets I send him, I am worried about the wording of this contract.Will someone please tell me what I `m signing here?

CONTRACT....
To: (THIS IS WHERE THE COMPANYS NAME IS)

General Model/Actor/ Photographer Release Form For each production

I, the undersigned independent contractor, do hereby understand and agree and grant to the undersigned individual/company the sole irrevocable unlimited exclusive Universal Rights and/or permissions of Copyright/ Trademark ownership and/or to otherwise of performances, services, likeness, poses, acts, presences, appearances, representations, names, forms, sound utterances, fictitious names, materials (written, oral, illustrated, designs, concepts, ideas, and/or otherwise not mentioned herein), and/or otherwise, in any media (including technologies which do not exist at the date of signing) into perpetuity. I, the undersigned, understand, agree, and do hereby grant the obligations, terms, and conditions of this legal and binding contract, effective immediately upon signing, and, furthermore, I am at least eighteen (18) years of age and am competent to fulfill the obligations, terms, and conditions agreed upon herein to the best of my abilities, according to all known laws, of my own free will, and, statements I have made herein are true and correct to the best of my knowledge.

Model Full Legal Name:

First:
Middle:
Last:
Model Date of Birth:
Height/Weight:
Hair/Eyes:
Social Security Number:
Driver's License Number:
Fictitious Name:
Street Address:
City: State: Zip:
Phone:
Cell Phone:
Email:
Date:
Model Signature:

Photographer/Videographer:

Company Name:
Address:
City:
State:
Zip:
Phone:
Email:
Date:
Photographer/Videographer Signature:

BelizeBreeze

In other words, the photos you send them are now their property and you cannot resell them, or, for that matter, reuse them in any form unless you either pay them for the right or get a signed release.

In plain language, this agreement is BS (see Mary, I can be nice) ;)

divgradcurl

Plus they can do WHATEVER they want to with the pictures -- resell them, use them in advertising, etc. -- along with your name.

D

DLARUSSA

re:release

O.K. I forgot to ask in my question as well, would that release apply to any pictures I ever do, (like if I produce pictures for another site?) Does this contract give them legal rights over anything I ever do. I am a graphic design artist by trade and am modeling on the side and I am worried about my design work as well.

BelizeBreeze

DLARUSSA said:
O.K. I forgot to ask in my question as well, would that release apply to any pictures I ever do, (like if I produce pictures for another site?) Does this contract give them legal rights over anything I ever do. I am a graphic design artist by trade and am modeling on the side and I am worried about my design work as well.
From another reading of the contract yes, it does. Walk away from these idiots or you had better be getting one hell of a lot of money.

Aurorien

BelizeBreeze said:
From another reading of the contract yes, it does. Walk away from these idiots or you had better be getting one hell of a lot of money.
I agree; you can modify the contract to your liking, but it might not be worth your time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">