• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Denied help by SSA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bboulanger

What is the name of your state?Mass
I know of a 25 year old man who has cancer.He cannot work as he goes through the chemo/radiation ect.He has no health insurance,no disabilaty. He applies to SSA for help but was turned down.Where can he get some assistance? He needs it.

CancerSurvivor

bboulanger said:
What is the name of your state?Mass
I know of a 25 year old man who has cancer.He cannot work as he goes through the chemo/radiation ect.He has no health insurance,no disabilaty. He applies to SSA for help but was turned down.Where can he get some assistance? He needs it.

Wow this sound VERY FAMILIAR. I am 33 and had bone cancer. I had a bone removed from my arm and a metal rod put in. I lost the use of my arm and hand due to complications during surgery. In the medical records my doctor stated that through physical therapy i "might" gain some use back. Since it had the key word "might" I have been denied Disability even though I have absolutely no use of my right arm and hand. To make things worse, I tried to get unemployment because I had no income coming in to feed a family of Five. I got denied because "my health care provider has not released me to work or seek gainfull employment". Talk about falling through the cracks of all the systems. One thing I did to get the ball moving was write my Congressmen, Representatives, Governor, Senators and told them of my delimma. I heard back from Social Security within two weeks saying they have moved my Appeal up by Seven Months because of one of the Representatives I wrote dealt with Social Security Issues :) plus it was an election year and I reminded them of that in my letters. ;)

Unfortunately The system is long and drawn out to "weed" out the false claims. Stick with it.

BL

You might need the help of a SSI lawyer .

My sister ( now deceased) started out w/ back pain . It was so bad she couldn't work . The local welfare had her in their employment disability assistance program. She received welfare.

During this time she had to apply for SSI . They denied her.

She then found out what was causing the pain ( the drs she was seeing must have been quacks ), she had cancer between her disk which was collapsed causing the pain.

It wasn't until she got an SSI attorney involved SSI would approve her.

Sorry to say , even with a lump sum back pay, she wasn't able to enjoy it , or enjoy it long.

If an SSI attorney thinks you have a shot, if they win they get about a third, if they lose, they take nothing .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">