• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Recently terminated

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

epyon33

What is the name of your state? Californiaundefined
I was recently terminated from my employer for a "no call, no show", the policy on this is clearly defined on the policy and procedure manual, but I know I was a target, now I want to see if I have a case against my employer, please help. Here is my situation: 1) I have worked there for 4 years I orked just about every weekend there, I worked 8 hour shifts but 80%-90% of the time i had no one to relieve me for my 30 min lunch, but my employer still took 30 min out of my check for the days i did not clock out for lunch, do i have a case there. 2) I was terminated on Wed, but some of my co-workers told me that I was going to be fired on Tues. Is that a violation of my privacy? 3) I was scheduled for 10 hour shifts some times and was not paid overtime for the two extra hours, they said because the shift was supposed to be a 12 hour shift I would not get paid, but I never signed any form of agreement to that extent. Please help.

BelizeBreeze

Despite MAYBE haviing a claim for back wages based on the unpaid overtime (which you would have to prove at your own expense with the state DOL) you have no case for wrongful termination or privacy.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">