• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is this a verbal contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cleaner

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?FL
I own a cleaning company which does work on new construction projects. About two months ago I was asked if I would be interested in working on this one project which I agreed. The cleaning company before me was terminated do to the fact they did not have the proper papers, illegal works, no insurance, etc. My price was higher then this other companys because of my overhead. Now I am being told that they are going to hire this other company back, becuase they charge less money, not because of my job preformance. This is a major construction company that offers contract to there vendor/contractors. I was told that I would be recieving a contract. I have all ready invested time and money in this project, can they terminate me just like that? The amount of money that my company would have made if I were to complete this project is about $65,000.

BelizeBreeze

There is no contract (employer/employee relationship) therefore there is no termination.

You were free to ask for a contract before doing any preparations to secure additional workers or expend any cash which you did not.

Next time you'll learn.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">