• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Husband cleaned out savings acct.

• Thread starter Elinor DeGennar
  • Start date

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

Elinor DeGennar

What is the name of your state? California My husband, of 28 years, took our life savings and opened another savings account in his name only. He refuses to put my name on the account. What can I do to get back half of the money, which is legally mine. Thank you!

E

Elinor DeGennar

Is there nothing I can do????? The B------ transferred 200K to his own name ------- Is there nothing I can do????? ------ If I divorce him will he legally have to split our money???? ----- A large portion of this money was given to me by my parents ----- there must be something I can do ----- look forward to hearing from you ----- thanks in advance

BelizeBreeze

There is a lot you can do. But I'm going to bump this to the top and let someone else take it because I'm out the door. If you don't get an answer then I'll return.

LdiJ

Elinor DeGennar said:
Is there nothing I can do????? The B------ transferred 200K to his own name ------- Is there nothing I can do????? ------ If I divorce him will he legally have to split our money???? ----- A large portion of this money was given to me by my parents ----- there must be something I can do ----- look forward to hearing from you ----- thanks in advance
Hon, you need to get your tush in to see an attorney asap....before that money disappears.

D

Dixiechick91910

The same thing happened to me 9 years ago..but not with that amount of money and he didn't open up a new account. There wasn't anything I could do since we were both still married and both of our names were on the account. I definitely would contact a divorce lawyer and have them obtain an order to freeze his assests so he can't pull the money out and spend it.

Good luck.

E

Elinor DeGennar

Thank you all for your help .... I will take your advice and get moving on this ..... I hope it's not to late ..... many thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">